Saylani Welfare Trust is a registered, an independent and non-Governmental organization, inspired by Islamic values and teachings. Molana Bashir Ahmed Farooq Qadri founded this trust in 1999 in Karachi. This trust is focusing primarily on feeding the homeless people without any kind of religious, gender, race, tribe, language, class difference, and color discrimination.
This charity organization is focusing on feeding the homeless people whole 365 days of the year and during the holy month of Ramzan Saylani welfare trust provide the food in the time of Sahree and Iftaar on their Dastar-khuwans, mosques, hospitals, and bus stops. There is an inspired history of founder of Saylani trust. Near the Bahawalpur there is a famous Sama Satta Railway station, approximately 300 years ago a famous Sufi and saint Khuwaja Muhkum-u-din Saylani was lived in that area, he was a very generous person, he helped poor, helpless, and needy people whole life. Khuwaja Saylani helped hungry people without any kind of religion discrimination. He fulfilled the needs of food, education of poor children and he provides to them all facilities of health. After the 300 years, a young man of Karachi Bashir Ahmed Farooq Qadri was decided to serve human being without any kind of gender and religious discrimination. He started social work individually and with in short time he organized a well and wonderful platform in the name of “Saylani Welfare Trust”. Now a days Saylani welfare trust has been spread around the country. There are 63 different institutions of this trust. Sixty-three institutions are established in the affection of Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) because 63 years was the age of last Prophet of God.
Head office of Saylani trust is in the eighth floor of Bahadur-abad calony Karachi. However, the Branches of Saylani are in Islamabad, Faisalabad and Hyderabad. All main and major institutions are there in Karachi. Approximately 500 goats and sheep slaughter in a day, many different types of foods cooked and distribute among the needy, helpless, poor and hungry people. Saylani trust works freely for humanity they do not notice that who is eating on Saylani Daster-khuwan. Saylani Trust provides food twice a day, approximately one Lac poor people through its 100 centres around the different cities of Pakistan. Like Islamabad, Karachi, Hyderabad, Latifabad and Faisalabad without any kind of religious, color and gender discrimination. Saylani trust helps fifty thousand families economically by the regular monthly basis.
Main office of Saylani trust in Hyderabad is near Sarfraz Chhari and Tayab Centre, there are 115 employees are working in this office and approximately 30-35 different institutions are working in Hyderabad division. Approximately 16 Dastar-khuwans are functional in Hyderabad division on the spots of Afandi town, Qasimabad, Latifabad number 7, 8, 11, 12, and Kotri city of Jamshoro. This trust provides the food to five to six thousand people in a day.
There are 1500 employees of Saylani trust in the head offices of Karachi, Islamabad, Faisalabad, and Hyderabad based on monthly income and some intellectual citizens work as voluntarily. Approximately 17 crore are the monthly expenses and 2 Billion are the annual expenses of Saylani trust around the country and this figure is increasing day by day. Some of the functional institutions of this trust are under as:
(1) Saylani chest care centre provides free services to the poor, homeless and Tuberculosis patients of whole country. This centre provides all basic health facilities to poor patient. Saylani Trust pays the entire consultancy charges and bills of patients. This centre is in Karachi.
(2) Saylani diabetic centre provides services to Diabetic patient with facilities of treatment and in this centre poor, helpless and needy patient of Hepatitis B and C facilitate.
(3) There is also Thalassaemia centre in Karachi, this centre provides all the medical and basic needs and treatments of Thalassaemia patients and this centre provides the facilities of all groups of blood, blood exchange system is also available for the assist of helpless patients.
(4) In the Karachi, there is a big orphanage; children are getting education under supervision of trust in the comfortable environment of peace and love. Saylani trust provides all basic medical facilities to all children, vision of this orphanage is to create and make the orphan children as responsible citizen of Pakistan.
(5) In Karachi city countless fire brigade bikes are introduced first time by Saylani trust, during an accident of fire those bikes are reached as soon as possible, they perform their duties voluntarily and this service is being popular day by day.
(6) There are many medical clinics in the different areas of Karachi, Hyderabad, Faisalabad and Islamabad, where the facilities are available of free medicines, checkups, X-Rays, ultrasounds for the poor citizens. Diagnostic clinics, labs, dental clinics, eye clinics and physiotherapy clinics, all equipped with latest machinery. Saylani trust provides the homeopathic treatment to patients. Free service of ultra sound, X-Ray and other test has been started by Saylani trust in civil hospital Hyderabad for the facilities of poor and helpless patients. Helpless and needy citizens are facilitate by free operation service in delivery and other accidental cases. This service is also available in civil hospital Hyderabad.
(7) The micro financing program of this trust has changed the lives of many families. In the name of this project, Saylani provides the sewing machines, small loans for barrows of street-hawkers, cabin shopkeepers, and auto-rickshaw drivers on easy installments and interest-free basis are running successfully in Karachi, Islamabad, Hyderabad, and Faisalabad. This scheme is a light for thousands of less-privileged families. Saylani helps financially to orphans, widows, disabled persons, old-aged persons, patients.
(8) Saylani trust has introduced a Utility store in Karachi city for the poor, meek, unsupported families and citizens of Pakistan, every person is being facilitate by the 30% of discount on the every item. Many registered families are facilitating by particular card, they can take things through their cards on monthly basis. While utility store was opened in Hyderabad also but now a days store has been closed for the some financial problems.
(9) Saylani Trust provides basic education facilities through school networks. In this system, Saylani provides uniforms, textbooks, and school fees to poor students. In Karachi Saylani provides the Scholarships to helpless students for their higher education. Saylani welfare Trust is working in I.T field also; different types of training program courses of 4 to six months and one to two years are available in different fields for the poor and needy students and those enrolled students are also facilitate by monthly ration and financial aid.
(10) This trust is also working for the major issues of our society like dowry and wedding. This trust provides jewelry, furniture, wedding feast arrangement, and financial assist to the poor people for marriage expenses as less-privileged families and parents arrange marriages of their daughters. Saylani Wedding dowry scheme is per couple 35000 rupees.
During the visit of Saylani welfare trust, the administrator of head office of Hyderabad Mr. Zakir Umar Arain told that Saylani trust serves the nation without any discrimination of religious, color, caste and tribe. There are many permanent donors of Saylani welfare Trust. Memon community of Karachi is one of them and there are many other landlords, wealthy social national and international organizations donate their funds regularly to this trust.